Adventure Game Support Revealed
“Once the Adventure Game core rulebook is released, we’d like to commit to a robust release schedule of support.” Those were the words that Dominic McDowall-Thomas, the CEO of Cubicle 7 Entertainment, used when we were finalizing the discussions that brought Far West‘s game releases to the company for distribution in game stores world-wide.
What, I asked, does “robust” mean in this context?
“Ideally, a new release every eight weeks or so,” came the reply.
Over the past week, TS Luikart and I have discussed options, carefully weighing our own availability (we still have the additional material which we’re producing for Kickstarter backers), the non-game material which we’re also working on for Far West, the stable of freelancers we have at our disposal, etc., and came up with a slate of projects for the first year of support for the Far West Adventure Game. Earlier this week, I had a conference with Dom over Skype, where we discussed the projects, and he gave us the green light for production.
Announcing here for the first time, the first year’s worth of support products for the Far West Adventure Game line:
1) Enter The Sixgun — An adventure collection with 6 self-contained adventures for Far West
2) Fists of the Far West: Secret Scrolls of Kung Fu — An expanded martial arts sourcebook, with new styles, advanced design options, new Edges, etc.
3) Hissing Boiler, Burning Engine — The Cog Science (steampunk tech) sourcebook. New gear, advanced design options, setting material on tech-based groups and locations, etc.
4) Death on Horseback — A second adventure collection (important, we think, during the first year, to set the tone) with 6 more self-contained adventures for Far West.
5) Narrator’s Screen and A Town Called Prosperity — Taking the one non-exclusive stretch goal from the Kickstarter, and producing a print version packaged with a screen (similar to Cubicle 7’s gorgeous screen and Laketown sourcebook for The One Ring. The sourcebook will detail a full Far Western town, including all NPCs and adventure hooks… plus links to download fold-and-build papercraft models of the buildings, scaled for use with miniatures.
6) The Steel Remains: Legendary Weapons of the Far West — A sourcebook detailing unusual martial arts weapons, famous weaponsmiths, Legendary Weapons and Artifacts, etc.
So there you have it. The first year’s worth of releases for the Adventure Game. More details will be forthcoming, regarding release dates, authors, and format (page counts, hard vs softcover, etc.), and of course, there will be announcements of non-adventure-game-related releases coming as well (more fiction, for example). This all begins when the Far West Adventure Game core rulebook is released this summer!