So what's the good word?
  • It's March, and I'm really hoping that we get the Far West RPG this month.

Spoil me...how is it going?
  • I'm taking the silence as golden. :)
  • So sorry! There was an existing thread on this, so I didn't make any further announcements... but I just noticed that the thread in question is in the Far West Society forum, which non-members can't see!

Boy, is my face red.

Anyway, as I said there:

Briefly: It will be in final edits and layout soon, PDF will go to backers (and the printer) in March. Physical shipment occurring as soon as we have the stock in hand.

All told, we're only about a quarter behind schedule, which in the overall scope of things isn't too bad. :)
  • Awesome news! I've been waiting for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for a long time and OVA: Revised Edition's nowhere in sight (with no word...). So, if it's taking longer, so be it.
  • I also buy D&D and Games Workshop products, so I can vouch for the fact that only a quarter behind is pretty good. As I've said once before, take your time and give us a great product. As a side note, after reading the bios on Skara and Luikart, I've noticed their names on many of the products I already own (Pathfinder, Dark Heresy, etc.) So I'm definitely expecting a high quality product.
  • Hi Adament: Sorry for being ignorant but I could not find it anywhere on the site...
    When will non-backers (i.e. me) be able to order/preorder the RPG?

[John] Found it in another thread. Summer. :(
  • GMSkarkaGMSkarka +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Just a quick update -- Repeating some information from a thread in the Far West Society forum, since not everybody can see that:

An update on release: We're not going to make the end of March. My fault. I've only got so many hands.

April delivery, though -- that's still on.

The hold up is that I haven't finished my final drafts yet. And until I'm done, we're pretty much bottlenecked, as TS and Rick have gone as far as they can go without my stuff.

I'm busting my ass, though -- I'm as close to spending 100% of my time on FAR WEST stuff as I can afford to be and still run the rest of the day-to-day stuff here at Adamant, even if that means putting in extra writing shifts at night.

....and so, with that, back to work for me!

Plus: GWilson

• It makes me sad, but I'm hoping for good things.
  • Over on G+, Adamant/Gareth reported that the following products will be released this April: 1) ICONS TEAM-UP, 2) Limited Edition of FAR WEST (backer exclusive), 3) WARLORDS OF THE APOCALYPSE, in that order.
  • I just got off a Skype video conference with TS Luikart, about not only the Adventure Game, but additional things coming down the pike.

Mwah-ha-ha, etc. :)
  • I'm actually interested in finding out about Warlords, but I'll just keep my eyes peeled for any and all AE releases.
  • I'll admit disapointment in the fact you've spent more time selling the setting then the game, but if it's worth the wait, and at this point I've no reason to think otherwise, it will have been worth it.
  • lithicbee said:

Over on G+, Adamant/Gareth reported that the following products will be released this April: 1) ICONS TEAM-UP, 2) Limited Edition of FAR WEST (backer exclusive), 3) WARLORDS OF THE APOCALYPSE, in that order.

Other than the Far West the only other game I'll really waiting for is the Buckaroo Banzai Rpg. All Blue Blaze Irregulars give a shout out.
  • Shout!
  • As much as I am intriged by Warlords of the Apocalypse, I might have to take a break on it. I have heard the entire Deathlands audiobook collection by James Axler. I have all 102 books from 0: Encounter, and 1: Pilgrimage to Hell, thru 100: Prodigal's Return (which messed me up), and 101: Lost Gates. But it didn't stop there for me because I also got into the Outlanders and Earthblood series by James Axler.

Most likely, I will pickup 102: Haven's Blight when it becomes available.

Then agian, no cards to hassle with...

As for BB RPG? Now there is something I can get into reading about also. More because of curiosity.
  • Yeah, I loved BB and I remember as a kid I wanted to write the sequel because they never made it. Not sure I would want to roleplay BB but I would read the RPG to see what they've done with the property.
  • Xabulba said:

Other than the Far West the only other game I'll really waiting for is the Buckaroo Banzai Rpg. All Blue Blaze Irregulars give a shout out.

Shout! ;)
  • Gau +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )

I'll admit disapointment in the fact you've spent more time selling the setting then the game, but if it's worth the wait, and at this point I've no reason to think otherwise, it will have been worth it.

You have to remember though, this is an IP they are working on and the game is just one of the first products. The setting IS the main focus. ;)

Plus: Greatwyrm

• YuutouseiYuutousei +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Gau said:

Xabulba said:

Shout! ;)

So... this obviously shows how young I am but... what's Buckaroo Banzai?

Plus: rexroad33

• Yuutousei said:

It is a movie from the mythical 80s in which Peter Weller (you may know him from Robocop, or not I guess) plays neuroscientist/musician/physicist Buckaroo Banzai. He has a team of scientists/adventurers/musicians that are world-famous and they fight crime/alien invasions while dressed in the height of 80s fashion (dig Jeff Goldblum's cowboy outfit!). I may not be doing it justice. You should check it out, I would be interested to hear what you think of it. It may in fact be one of those movies you had to watch as a kid to love, but there is a pretty passionate fan base for it still.
  • Hmm, I'll have to go looking for it then and I'll get back to you. I was born in the 90s, but I grew up on the orignal Star Wars trilogy and the tv shows of the early 90s (Saved by the Bell, Fresh Prince, etc) so maybe I won't find I that... um... cheesy hahaha.
  • lithicbee said:

Yuutousei said:

It is a movie from the mythical 80s in which Peter Weller (you may know him from Robocop, or not I guess) plays neuroscientist/musician/physicist Buckaroo Banzai. He has a team of scientists/adventurers/musicians that are world-famous and they fight crime/alien invasions while dressed in the height of 80s fashion (dig Jeff Goldblum's cowboy outfit!). I may not be doing it justice. You should check it out, I would be interested to hear what you think of it. It may in fact be one of those movies you had to watch as a kid to love, but there is a pretty passionate fan base for it still.

In addition to the above BB had an fan club of paramilitary/boy scout/private army types that were on call 24/7 to help him out on his adventures. They acted as his eyes, ears and hands world wide.

• Gau said:

I'll admit disapointment in the fact you've spent more time selling the setting then the game, but if it's worth the wait, and at this point I've no reason to think otherwise, it will have been worth it.

You have to remember though, this is an IP they are working on and the game is just one of the first products. The setting IS the main focus. ;)

And yet, a lot of us geeks hit the kickstarter for this awesome game they were carrying the IP on the back of.
  • And yet, a lot of us geeks hit the kickstarter for this awesome game they were carrying the IP on the back of.

I'd consider myself one of them, but it was the setting that finally sold me on the game so I'm glad it's got the proper level of attention. I've seen too many games with good rules but a disappointing lack of background material.

I'm also realistic enough to realise that no game released by a small company like this one ever hits its original release date.

I'm also glad that while we're waiting there's been plenty of other stuff to tide us over. There's no point holding off on the background material until the game's ready to launch, it wouldn't have made the game release any quicker.
  • GMSkarkaGMSkarka +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )

And yet, a lot of us geeks hit the kickstarter for this awesome game they were carrying the IP on the back of.

We were *very* specific, in the video and the description of the Kickstarter, to be quite clear that FAR WEST is a transmedia property -- a fantasy world setting, and that the game is only one part of that.

The non-game stuff that's been coming out (the fiction, the digital EP) were all things that were going to be released *after* the game, but which have hit first because of the delay. It's just a timing thing.

To be absolutely clear, though -- it's not that we're "spending more time on the setting than the game", nor is the game "carrying the IP" on its back. We're doing *exactly* what we set out to do -- the only difference is that we're a quarter behind on the delivery of the game. The other stuff -- because it's been worked on by different people, and required less direct labor from the Core Development Team-- hasn't been delayed.

....and given that there are game projects on Kickstarter that are now TWO YEARS behind schedule, and still haven't delivered, I think we're doing pretty good. :)
  • heh... I guess it would help for some of us crazy fans (me) to stop distracting them in email. :)
  • Will we be getting the adventures and Prosperity along with the game, or will they come later?
  • I guess GMSkarka is referring to e20... :)
  • GMSkarkaGMSkarka +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )
    Ben said:

Will we be getting the adventures and Prosperity along with the game, or will they come later?

They'll come later. We want to give you the game first, so you can get a better idea of what to ask for when we send out the custom adventure questionnaire.

While we're working on those, we'll release LEGENDS OF THE FAR WEST (the NPC collection).

Then after that comes Prosperity.

Plus: Ben, Gau, Yuutousei

• Doc +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Bah... Miss voted. Meant to hit plus. Blasted virtual iPhone keyboard and old man gamer thumbs. Ignore that above minus and pretend its a plus!!!!

Plus: GMSkarka

• Doc said:

Bah... Miss voted. Meant to hit plus. Blasted virtual iPhone keyboard and old man gamer thumbs. Ignore that above minus and pretend its a plus!!!!

If you reload the page, the +1/-1 should come back so you can revote. At least, it does on my android.
  • Doc said:

lol... I can so relate. My darn calluses are older than my son is.
  • Ben said:

Will we be getting the adventures and Prosperity along with the game, or will they come later?

Were you referring to the custom adventures? I can't wait to see that. Anything else, I would imagine they have something in mind.

In each of our own circles, we might be up to our necks in the mayhem of creating our own adventures. I have some ideas, but they are not ready to be thrown into the pot for brewing yet.

• Doc said:

I did wonder what had upset you so much....
  • GMSkarka said:

Just a quick update -- Repeating some information from a thread in the Far West Society forum, since not everybody can see that:

An update on release: We're not going to make the end of March. My fault. I've only got so many hands.

April delivery, though -- that's still on.

Still on track for an April delivery?
  • Jason--

I'm afraid not. May, though. If it isn't finished in May, it's because I've keeled over.
  • GMSkarka said:

Jason--

I'm afraid not. May, though. If it isn't finished in May, it's because I've keeled over.

No no, we can't let that happen. Don't keel over. Otherwise, we will have to explore zombie modification or something. If we can't afford the Six Million Dollar option then hopefully Dr. Frankenstein will give us a better deal.

• jehosephat +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    We can rebuild him. We have the technology. STEAM technology! And it'll probably cost a lot less than 6 million dollars, too. :)

I'm sure we can get a Kickstarter going to make the world's first Steampunk Cyborg!
  • If you could get the Pebble people on board then you'd have the 6 million dollars anyway. :-)
  • So, I have a question, the answer to which I might have missed somewhere: for those who contributed to the Kickstarter, when do they get the PDF?
  • GMSkarkaGMSkarka +1 -1 (+8 / -0 )
    Kickstarter PDFs will be sent out by the end of this month.
  • TSLuikartTSLuikart +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )
    GMSkarka said:

His words to the Jade Emperor's opalescent ears.
  • GMSkarka said:

It's nearly the end of the month. How are things looking? :)
  • GMSkarkaGMSkarka +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    As per the last Kickstarter update:

"Still hammering away on getting the Limited Edition finished and out to you -- although things have slowed down slightly, albeit for interesting reasons.

First (and probably of least interest to anybody outside of my family), I was away from the office from Thursday until last night, attending my oldest daughter's college graduation. I worked during the trip -- but balancing a laptop on your knees in the back of a mini-van during a 2400-mile round trip? Not as easy as I had hoped, and so I fell a bit behind.

Second (and far more of interest to you guys): Tomorrow morning, I head out to Los Angeles until the end of the month... where I have a bunch of meetings set up with various producers and other folks, and where the topic of conversation will include FAR WEST! Some potentially nifty things could be coming down the pike -- and I'll make sure that you're the first to know about it. I never imagined the response that we've been getting, and I have all of you to thank for it.

In the meantime, work will continue -- My evenings in the hotel will be spent lit by the glow of the laptop screen, burning up the shared Dropbox between me, T.S. and Rick. Delivery will be pushed into June, but it won't be long. "

I'm writing this from my hotel room in Venice right now, in fact.

Plus: Yuutousei

• Okay, we won't form up a posse and hunt you down like a dog.
    This time. :)
  • Congrats on your daughter's graduation, by the way! :)
  • Tell "congrats" to your daughter and enjoy LA! Looks like I'll have something to look forward to after finals/on the plane home.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!