Once Upon a Time In the Far West -- Now Available
  • Adamant Entertainment is pleased to announce the release of our first album of music for FAR WEST, Once Upon a Time in The Far West.

The five-track EP was composed and recorded by Lawrence, KS musician Sam Billen, and is available for sale at the Far West webstore, on Adamant Entertainment's Bandcamp page, and within the next couple of weeks will be available on Amazon, all iTunes Stores worldwide, MOG, Tesco, iMesh, Pasito|Tunes, eMusic, Zune, Rhapsody, Nokia, VerveLife and Google Play.

Individual Tracks can be streamed from the article just posted to the site.
  • Had faith in these quality tunes. I didn't give the samples a whole minute. Just downloaded and plugged them into the playlist. I don't believe I have one track in favor over another. They are all great!

5 % (out/of) 5 bullets from me.
  • Wow!
    This is high quality stuff. Far better than other soundtracks for games, I have heard.
  • I'll just wait for the iTunes version - got credits there so I might as well.
  • GMSkarkaGMSkarka +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Yuutousei said:

I'll just wait for the iTunes version - got credits there so I might as well.

It went live on iTunes this morning:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/once-upon-time-in-far-west/id512208864

Plus: Yuutousei

• GMSkarka said:

Grabbed it as soon as I got out of my final yesterday morning :D
  • I also picked it up through iTunes. It's quite good, so of course I would like more... ;)
  • CoalhadaCoalhada +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Bought it through iTunes too. Good stuff.

These are definitely themes rather than background music, due to their length and the arrangements. Not a complaint but an observation, I should add.

I would think these will work best in-game if played at key moments, e.g. the arrival of a recurring villain, over the beginning and end of a game session, that kind of thing.

Plus: rexroad33

• Coalhada said:

I would think these will work best in-game if played at key moments, e.g. the arrival of a recurring villain, over the beginning and end of a game session, that kind of thing.

Heck yeah, I can already picture montages, opening scene, and credits scroll.
    Wow -- I just heard from Sam Billen (the composer): ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE FAR WEST is now #12 on Amazon's Hot New Releases in the Movie Score category!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/dmusic/195456011#1

Plus: Yuutousei

• Congrats! I got the tweet during class :D
    Now it's #2. HOLY CRAP!

Plus: The1WiTheGun

• So much for this being a warning shot.
  • So if Amazon are classing this as a movie score, when can we expect the movie to be coming out? :-)
  • Well, it *was* the music that Sam composed as his audition for scoring the webseries.... :)
  • Very cool that its on the charts! Right now its sitting at #4. Awesome job guys!
  • So if Amazon are classing this as a movie score, when can we expect the movie to be coming out? :-)

whut? Really? Perfect timing! After a year of searching, I finally found my book in storage. "Filmaking for Dummies" I am ready to make a movie!

• Will it be available on the European Amazon as well, or will I have to import it?
  • It's an MP3 download -- but I'm not sure if they list it on the non-US sites.

It is available via iTunes in Europe, tho.
  • Hey folks -- if you've listened to ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE FAR WEST, please consider leaving us a review on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Time-The-West/dp/B007OYM2H4

You don't have to buy the music at Amazon to leave a review -- so no matter where you got it, you can comment.

Reviews help us within the Amazon product-suggestion algorithms, so we'd really appreciate it!
  • One review in ;)
  • Narp... followed link via smartphone. They wanted me to log in, and then they denied access to the customer review because I didn't purchase it. I tried. I can check later thru the laptop access.

Otherwise, I can leave two five-star reviews here. :) I bought it twice. The smartphone said NO to a transfer from the laptop. This wrascally bugger sure likes to break my thumbs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!