Update on PDF release?
  • I know we just got Tales of the Far West, and it's awesome, and I don't want to sound ungrateful, but... What's the latest estimate on the release of the PDFs for backers? The short stories are making me want to check the game out more than ever...
  • We don't have a hard estimate -- I'm trying not to disappoint by citing dates and then missing them. Suffice to say that we're working our tails off, and the backers will receive their rewards months before the general release.

I'm *hoping* to release within a month, though. (That depends entirely on my ability to get my disparate drafts to a final draft quickly, and how long final art and layout efforts take Rick.)
  • Thanks for the update!
    It's hard to keep my anticipation from becoming impatience, but that's only because of my excitement over the whole thing.I'm sure others feel much the same.

Still, as others have said, I'd rather wait and have it be as good as it can be, and not rush it. So, I'll be here, feigning patience and reading my copy of "Tales" until the RPG is available.
  • The forum is definitly buzzin' now. I have a lot MORE questions about the RPG based on what I am seeing here and thru what I have read. That TotFW book has my head swirling. Thanks.
  • The fact you're on here, active and honest, is great. It's when things go silent that we want to stampede!
  • Uh Oh, that makes another great question. What kind of "herd" would be doing the stampeding? Bison, Buffalo, Black Angus, Ostriches, Jackalopes... ? What is a grep anyway?
  • If you're curious about what they're herding in the Far West, look here - http://intothefarwest.com/2011/07/20/herd-beasts-and-ranches-of-the-far-west/
  • Wow, missed that. Thank you. Any pictures of Greps yet? Hrmm, how good is their hide for leather work?
  • TSLuikartTSLuikart +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Greps resemble nothing so much as big horny toads, Jesse. Their hides are definitely used for leather work, including gun handles. ;)

Plus: rexroad33

• rexroad33 said:

Uh Oh, that makes another great question. What kind of "herd" would be doing the stampeding? Bison, Buffalo, Black Angus, Ostriches, Jackalopes... ?

Yes.

Also snolligosters and the occasional splinter cat, no doubt.

• TSLuikart said:

Greps resemble nothing so much as big horny toads, Jesse. Their hides are definitely used for leather work, including gun handles. ;)

Cool... hee heee hee(rubbing hands together). I am sitting out here in North Las Vegas today. Waiting to pull and drop a trailer on Costco's lap. I think I can scratch a thumbnail on a scrap of paper.
  • rexroad33rexroad33 +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    GOT GREP?

How close did I get?

Plus: GWilson

• rexroad33rexroad33 +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    Just finished Riding the Thunderbird... so, are those big-ass Road Runners?

eh, whoops. Wrong Thunderbird. Still a great story.

(Yes well, I ain't that slow of a reader. I know, I know. Most of you are already finished with the book. Don't rub it in.)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!