Far West: Gallery of Fan Art
  • Kind of funny that I would start this thread considering that I'm not especially good at drawing/painting/the like but I thought it would be cool to have a place where Far West fans could post their artistic works and share their creativity with others.

Anything from drawings, digital paintings, cosplay pieces, steam punk props, videos, or what have you - post 'em here!

Photoshopped my buddy Ben into a scene inspired by Far West. Who will win?
  • YuutouseiYuutousei +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    ....No matter how awesome the warrior is, I am of the firm opinion that
    He who has the most wheels wins

Admittedly, this is due to the number of times people have nearly run over me with their cars as I bike and walk across campus, and the metro buses that keep hitting killing pedestrians back home.

So yeah, I'd say the locomotive has a much better chance at rolling a nat 20 then your buddy Ben. .3.

Plus: The1WiTheGun

• GMSkarkaGMSkarka +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )
    It doesn't count technically as "fan art", but this was a piece that I did, back before we brought Rick on as the FAR WEST artist. We needed an advertisement for SteamCon 2 in 2010:

• That's the image that first sparked my interest.
  • AndyAndy +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )
    This is as close to fan art as I currently have:

It's the self-portrait I created to go along with the cartography notes in the main site. It was a lot of fun to draw at the time.
  • rexroad33rexroad33 +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    Awsoooom!

(think of the battlecry... Spoon! ...if ya know what I mean)

Plus: The1WiTheGun, Ben

• This is awesome, I want to see more :)

• Amazing! Post more soon, you must! :)
  • Amazing! Post more soon, you must! :)

wait... whut? You post something too. This is the gallery of fan art.

• rexroad33 said:

Amazing! Post more soon, you must! :)

wait... whut? You post something too. This is the gallery of fan art.

To my chagrin, I can't draw like that (the best I can do is Photoshop goofy stuff like that train picture at the top)! :) I'm taking an art class now, so maybe someday... Wait, Andy's a fan, right? Does he work for Adamant / Far West?
  • Also, rexroad33, I know you have some pretty outstanding artistic skills: those Wanted posters in the and some mayhem on the side... thread are outstanding! I was hoping... once I get my portrait from Mr. Hershey would you possibly be willing to make a Wanted poster of my guy? No pressure but I'd sure appr'shate it! *tip of the hat*
  • O.o whoops... would help for me to pay attention who started each discussion sometimes. On art classes, the best advice I can give. "Have fun with it!" I have been doodling, skratching, painting, and pummeling for 40 years. Some days, I prove to myself that I don't quite get it right either.

As for a wanted poster, sure. At the moment, that is easy since I don't have the same kind of plate as Rick does. If you like, drop me a pic in my inbox at my listed email addy. Just remind me from who, and about whom. Otherwise, I might improvise with my own maddening ideas.

• rexroad33rexroad33 +1 -1 (+6 / -0 )
    "Say Bud, have you seen a purple bison?" -- Scabby Toe of the Long Dust Road

"Sit a spell. I will tell you about it. There I was, walking the Sunflower Trail... "

http://facebook.com/​jesse.rexroad
  • Nice one, rexroad33! Plasuans n' then some! :)
    I pondered over where to place this illustration. Wicker Bird of the Dust Road.

• "BACK AGAIN!?!" - Scabby Toe

• Note to self: Concentrate on avoiding his kicks.

No-one wants to be kicked in the face by a barefoot guy named "Scabby Toe".
  • rexroad33rexroad33 +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    ...somewhere in the Thousand Mesas.

• Little Beetle and 'Nina Italiakyo
    ScabbyToe said:

I had a thought on this earlier... Jade Bullets? I'd expect something like that would be expensive. I guess it wouldn't be unheard of. If what they say about the big guy being an Imperial Tracker, that leaves quite the message when somebody Back East wants to make a statement.

...the color version. :)

2012? ...doh!

I think some of the detail in the characters can best be seen when you can zoom in. It is a large pic. Since most of the pics have to be kept corraled here, you can check in over at my website.
    https://sites.google.com/a/game-zombie.com/three-sisters/
  • rexroad33rexroad33 +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    I've got another idea sketch for you fine clever folk. I've been working out the details for that little thing on Beetle's hip.

The Jade Mask of the Intimidating Tracker
    prerequisite:
    Initiative rank or higher.
    benefit:
    Spooky Presence +2 on Intimidation checks.
    Alert Mindedness +2 on Tracking checks.
    Natural Armor +1 (jade and brass) on Constitution saves.

Plus: GMSkarka

• bwahahah... I've been busy, again.

BuckarooBaopuzi
    Please, welcome a most recent addition to the Far West Society. He's out there somewhere on the forum. He's a friend of mine from the ol' gaming circle up in Nebraska. I think I got him sold on the idea of hanging out with us.
    ScabbyToe said:

A crown of daggers and chopsticks.

• I'd like to add, that my art skills are available. From one Far West Society member to another FWS member. I'm negotiable. If you have read today's post about Far West money, I could even consider bartering for favors. Given it is an in-game practice, I can't see how it would hurt to adopt a similar policy here, for FWS members. However, my wife says she'd rather see me make the money.

Since this is on the side, this is Fan Art for the memebers. Think of me if you like my style. I do Wanted Posters too. Your Far West results will be posted somewhere in the forum, if not here. Please make your request to my inbox here at the forum.

Thanx. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!
    Jess

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!