Sunflower Trail
  • Hmm. A murder of crows?

Exactly. ...just wait, I have a solitaire game to share for the new card deck. The versitality will make the Black Crow deck valuable.
  • Ni Hao, Pardner.

Your fortune today: "Your clever mind will lead you to many rewards."

Your numbers: 15-22-28-43-44-49

Be on your way, Dust Road Traveller.
  • rexroad33rexroad33 +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    In the meantime...

...somewhere on the Dust Road.

Little Beetle & 'Nene Italiakyo

ScabbyToe said:

There is a story for the big guy. He just won't share it. Some say... that Little Beetle is an Imperial Tracker. For us clever folk, the closest thing to best describe a bounty hunter with some serious connections.

Plus: Greatwyrm

• doh! ...that tried to double post. As you can see, I still have free time on my hands. Maybe later today I will get a color version done.

ScabbyToe said:

bwaaahahaha! ...Does it really say that?

• Sunflower Trail /// Far West Character Sheet

front

back
    special folder version can be found here--->https://sites.google.com/a/game-zombie.com/three-sisters/game-resources

First Draft: unofficial - unsolicited - unlicensed - free to use

Stay Safe, and Happy Gaming!
    Jesse
    ScabbyToe said:

I'd guess that clever knowledge part would be for allegiences, kung fu styles, and whatever else that can be crammed in there.

• Hopefully, this character works, and can serve as an example for this card format.
    front

back

Building a new page at my fansite.--->https://sites.google.com/a/game-zombie.com/three-sisters/pregenerated-characters

ScabbyToe said:

Jodd? Oh yeah... that fella. If you hire him, make sure you get his job description in writing.

• I look forward to seeing an official character sheet. I am sure it will have the proper tailorings. Experimenting with my simplified card, I am discovering its limits. I sorta knew from the start that it might. I'm not worried though. At least I have an idea brewing, and my next concept might be useful for characters above the Initiate rank.

Then again, the official sheet just might sink me anyway.

Feedback is alaways welcome. Stay Safe, and Happy Gaming!
  • Not quite comfortable with the whole character building process, but I think I am close. Scabby Toe has caught most of my attention when it comes to defining characters. Especially through this Far West experience. I've got parts of him tangled through out some fiction, that evenually can explain a few things about him. I have been watching various threads, and asking questions of my own.

If I could better describe my concept behind Scabby Toe, Joe Gleason is that old man who would typically be whittling away on a piece of wood. He'd sit on a rocking chair and tell stories from dawn 'till dusk to whomever would listen, or not listen. Since he is more than that, actively but not quite the action hero, Scabby would be a combination of "your" favorite elementary school teacher, Will Rogers, and Agent Jethro Gibbs (NCIS).

Well not exactly on the last part. I'm thinking more Mark Harmon than the character. Have you seen
    his movie Summer School? Given that Far West is a fantasy setting, while serching for a plausible personality for Scabby, I thought about that one character Mark played. What would that high school teacher be like twenty years wiser?

Not that it would be a well known fact, when Scabby will actually fight, he is a bit clumsy. His name didn't come about from kicking. It came about from misuse of his Firebug edge. A fictional edge I wrote to be unique to him, that was not offered anywhere.

Spark of the Firebug, is essetially a less effective version of Foyn's Fire. He does typically use the edge to light his hand rolled cigarettes without matches. It can be used more ambitiously to set stacks of paper, canvas, or cans of kerosene on fire. It doesn't usually have a flash bang effect, and always requires touch to the target.

Scabby Toe has a habit of walking barefoot. He once tried to cause a distraction by starting a fire, during an ordeal. It didn't exactly work out for him, but he did succeed at causing a distraction.
  • I'm getting a better sense of how characters are put together, just by looking at these sheets.

It all seems self-explanatory, except for the Kung Fu Knowledges. But I'll just have to wait to get my hands on the game for that. :)
  • @jehosephat I'm glad it helps. I just hope I am on the right track to begin with. I feel it might have some missing elelments. Keep in mind, that the character examples are pregens. Best for introducing new players, or managable as suport characters. I didn't include anything to govern experience or injury. Most of which can easily fall to Narrator responsibilities.

If I don't have to edit or do other tailoring, these samples will be what I could present to new players in any environment. During a convention time slot, sometimes a two hour block, I want to get the action rolling in the easiest way possible. The existing foundation of familiar rules helps facilitate that. The rest of it gets learned during the game.

As a player myself, I am chasing after every little nugget these guys offer.

Kung Fu knowledges for me wasn't an easy catch. Now that I've read it thru again, I feel I am going to rely heavily on other player samples. I really like how the section was presented, and it will prove to be a unique component of this game.

If the new Clan tailoring follows this kind of format, I am going to have fun with that. I have a dozen characters waiting on thier social definement. I've got all of these Monks waiting to reclaim thier Temple of Watermelon Mountain.
    back to something else...

Plus: GMSkarka

• I've been thinking about one of my other characters tonight. Salvo Trace has an interesting history that is important to his role. I initially wrote him for a completely different game, but he hadn't seen more than two sessions. His backround didn't really work there, but it finds a better fit here.

I've sat idle with working out the details. With the secret clan rules coming soon, I've come back to working on one key element. Pang Wen Prison is a landmark that I hadn't pitched yet, because I wasn't confident in how to make it fit. The Temple of the Celestial Eye wasn't easy either, but it's role is different.

With Salvo's story, I wanted to reflect the impact of prison on his life. The significance of how a prison society had influenced his choices, and growth.

About 10 years ago, Salvo was captured by a bounty hunter. Regardless of circumstance and the motives of the hunter, Salvo was in no position to really save himself. Under false accusation and mistaken identity, he was sentenced by a regional magistrate. The sentence was issued under a technically complex and obscure law. It would leave him to live a bleak existance. He was sent to serve a long time in horrible pit-like dungeon cell.

As with any character, there is always more to the story. Even with his pic, I did hope he came off with having an imposing size. A little more detail about the prison will help, and I'm going to get it figured out. Feedback is always welcome. I have a few ideas based on reading and research, but no idea as to what sort of Clan or secret society could exist in a Far West prison.

One start might come with a name change. This one for now is the simplified name, but it should have a "strike fear in the hearts of all men" kind of name. If the name could fit for both the prison and secret society, then even better.

The first entry on a hidden page at the ol' home site. Instead of Easter Eggs... fortune cookies!

The numbers are where you find the original post. Stay Safe, and Happy Gaming!
    I have been a little busy. Day Job work mostly. However, on a familiar front, I have been putting in a little practice time. What do you think?

Plus: The1WiTheGun

• jehosephat +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    It puts me in mind of a Twin Eagle Security agent.
    Though I suppose that's the first thing people think anytime a fella shows up looking like a dandifed gent from back East.
    That's just the price of looking stylish, I suppose. :)
  • So you think he'd make a great con artist and charlatan :-)
  • rexroad33rexroad33 +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    From the home office...

"THIS IS MY BOOM STICK!"

Plus: lithicbee

• rexroad33rexroad33 +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    "A token from who? In appreciation of what?"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!