Final Delivery Set!
  • GMSkarkaGMSkarka +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    Hey there, folks--

I had an extensive Skype conference with the folks at Cubicle 7 in the UK yesterday, and got the OK on our actual, Honest-to-Seven-Hells, no-foolin delivery for FAR WEST.

We will be going to press in mid-November, a bit less than a month from now. Delivery of the digital version of FAR WEST will occur to you fine folks at around the same time we send to the printer (to ensure that you all get the latest, most-correct, final proofed version).

I've said it before, but it needs to be shouted from the rafters: Thank you so much for your support and patience over the extraordinary circumstances of this project. I cannot wait for you all to see what you have wrought.

In eternal gratitude,

Gareth-Michael Skarka
    Lawrence, KS
    18 October 2013

Plus: jehosephat, Ben

• So, any chance we'll have this in time for Christmas?

(Really looking forward to finally getting my hands on this).
  • That depends on what shipping is like in the run-up to the holidays, and where you live. It'll definitely be printed by then. (Based on usual print times and shipment to warehouse, it should be at the warehouses well before Christmas).
  • (whips out ornate pair of iron fans and does the Happy Metal Boar Dance of Great Anticipation)

Obnoxiously cute photo will follow, just so you know. The Zhangzhao Kid still fits that dress and gunbelt of hers...
  • rexroad33rexroad33 +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )

(whips out ornate pair of iron fans and does the Happy Metal Boar Dance of Great Anticipation)

Obnoxiously cute photo will follow, just so you know. The Zhangzhao Kid still fits that dress and gunbelt of hers...

Whuaaa? No Video? That's a dance I'd be willing to learn. My wife says I need to dance more.

Plus: The1WiTheGun

• With all the wuxia games out/coming out, none scratch that FW itch! I'm SO excited!
  • GMSkarkaGMSkarka +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Ben said:

With all the wuxia games out/coming out, none scratch that FW itch! I'm SO excited!

As a wuxia fanatic, I'm thrilled that there are more games coming -- in fact, if the Tianxia game on Kickstarter hits its $35K stretch goal, I get to write a wuxia short story for their fiction anthology! (I was happy to discover that the deadline for that story would be long after we sent out FAR WEST, so I could have the time!)

Plus: Puppetfox

• rexroad33 said:

Whuaaa? No Video? That's a dance I'd be willing to learn. My wife says I need to dance more.

It's like Snoopy's Dance of Joy, but with far less grace and skill exhibited by the performer. By comparison, a shot of my lil' Fire Dog in her Mulan dress with her cowgirl hat and gunbelt is much easier on the eyeballs.

Plus: rexroad33

• Gareth, will there be some kind of confirmation email before shipping? For example, I backed the KS and also bought extra copies in the expanded pre-order round you made for KS backers, and also had a shipping address update. I'd love to get an email first confirming my copies, address, etc. whenever the time comes.
    I hadn't planned on it -- but that's not a bad idea.

Plus: Ben, rexroad33

• That is a great idea. However, I'd like to add getting a confirmation on total current backing level. I imagine it would be a shorter list. Though I'd like one since I backed both on Kickstarter, and PayPal. I've slept since then too, but as braggin' rites go...
  • I am so freakin' excited! I can't wait to check out all your hard work!

Plus: Ben

• Hi Gareth,
    Will the PDF be going out to pre-orders at the same time?
    No, the Kickstarter backers will get first crack. Pre-orders soon after, though.

• What will happen with people (like me) who did not participate in the KS, but did get your pre-order?
  • As I said in the message above yours -- Pre-orders will go out soon after the KS Backer copies.
  • The wait...it's...it's...killing...me...*gasps* :D
  • It's killing YOU? I've been working on this thing since May of 2007! :D
  • BenBen +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    Details, details! lol So, here's a question: have you had a chance to really dig in and test drive the game lately and if so, are you happy with it?
  • Answer us!!! ;)
  • I actually haven't had a chance to play it in quite a while, actually. Which is depressing, frankly. :) I've just been too busy with the production side of things.

But yes, I'm happy with the game -- which is why I cannot wait to get the production completed, so I have the time to play again!
  • BenBen +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    This week? Pleeeeeeeeease! ;)

That's the plan. I've been doing the whole 14-16 hour day thing for the past two weeks, so I'm looking at delivering late this week (possibly into the weekend).

Plus: Ben, The1WiTheGun

• No rush, obviously. Sooner isn't better if you feel it's not done!
  • Might it be this week?
  • I guess not. So, are you feeling better? Any news?
    Yes, I'm feeling better. Thanks for asking.

Now that I've kicked the bug, I'm back and work, and looking to get this out the door ASAP.

Plus: Stargazer

• Great, to both. :)
  • I've actually cancelled my scheduled appearance at the Weird West Fest in Giddings, TX this coming weekend, because I need to prioritize getting the core rulebook released, which made taking the time to travel and attend infeasible.
  • jehosephat +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Sorry you had to miss it, but your sacrifice is appreciated. :)

• Glad you're feeling better.
  • What's the good word?
  • StargazerStargazer +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    It would be brilliant if we at least got the PDFs before Christmas. How are the chances of that happening?

• That's what I'm busting my ass to do.
  • I am far from the world's most patient man, but this idea is still cool enough to keep my trigger finger itchy even from the kickstarter days! That's saying something.

Now I am gonna reread the short story book, and hope that I will be reading the pdf in time to start plotting my own Far West backdrop. :)
  • BenBen +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    I think I'll dig out my "Tales" as well! And I REALLY hope we can see this before Christmas! Santa Gareth! ;)

Plus: SnakeOilSifu

• Do the preorders come with a copy of the pdf? Or is that just a Kickstarter thing?
  • Good question!
  • As the book nears a PDF review phase, I am getting an itchy trigger finger. The layout looks really nice. Many western gamed overdo it on the visuals but from the teaser video, I think this book will look rather nice!
  • RWMagpie said:

Do the preorders come with a copy of the pdf? Or is that just a Kickstarter thing?

Yes, and no -- Yes, pre-orders will get a PDF copy with their order. But it will not be sent out when the Kickstarter backers get the digital copy -- that's exclusive to the Kickstarter. It will be sent out later, before the digital version is made generally available commercially.
  • The first 65 pages have me firmly back in the Far West camp! Any news on the rest, so we can get on with helping track down every last typo or potentially cloudy area?!
    Should be sent out this coming week. My wife is forcing me to actually take a day off. :)

Plus: SnakeOilSifu

• Have fun! I am going to work on a few characters for Far West.

Plus: GMSkarka

• Sorry to bug but how soon?
  • lithicbee +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Xabulba, Gareth was hospitalized for a while and has follow-up medical care needs. Here's an update: http://www.adamantentertainment.com/2014/02/27/medically-mandated-hiatus/

tl;dr: expect work to begin again in May/June.

Plus: Yuutousei

• XabulbaXabulba +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Thanks for the info, IDK.

Get well Gareth.

Plus: lithicbee

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!