• Hey GMS, finished reading the first chunk twice and I am really loving it so far! I have a humble list of random bits, errors, etc. I plan to compile them in a tidy fashion and post them after work, or would you rather I email them on too?
  • Well here's the list, just for a record, and maybe people can add anymore to make a single comprehensive list rather than tons of lists with duplicates. Even offer corrections if I am mistaken.

Page 13 - Bouts - Paragraph 4
    "Anyone can choose not to roll stunt die for himself if wishes..."

Page 15 - Damage - Paragraph 2
    "Damage is determined by a Constitution save: a roll of the
    die plus the hero’s Constitution bonus and appropriate
    modifiers against a Difficulty of 15, modified by the source
    of the damage: with more damaging attacks more difficult
    to save against."

Pretty long sentence. Might be better as two sentences. Perhaps:

Damage is determined by a Constitution save: a roll of the
    die plus the hero’s Constitution bonus and appropriate
    modifiers against a Difficulty of 15. This roll is modified by the source
    of the damage: with more damaging attacks being more difficult
    to save against.

PG 36 - Bear Stance (Edges)
    Spirit is spelled "sprit"

PG 39 - Eagle Eyed (Edges)
    "Benefit: You only suffer a -1 penalty per full range
    increment between you and your target weapon."

Seems like it should just be "you and your target." at the end there.

PG 46 - Spirit Strike (Edges)
    This edge has a lot of extra effects with extra costs. Might be a good one to include an example, as I can see a lot of repeated questions about how to add up the total cost.

PG 47 - Tiger Stance (Edges)
    Spirit is spelled "sprit."

PG 56
    "Versus Temporary Damage to One Ability Pool:
    Choose an Ability when you take this modifier. When
    the target fails to save, you can opt to apply the damage
    permanently to that Ability Pool instead of using it to
    determine injury! ..."

Permanently should be "Temporarily"

PG 56
    Missing an extra space between the “Versus Temporary...” and “Versus Permanent...” sections.

PG 64 – Paragraph 3 – Sentence 1
    The word “bur” should be “but.”

Plus: lithicbee

• lithicbee +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    I already e-mailed Gareth, but in the interest of having it all in one place:

Page 19: "Looking at those statistics, we have a character who thinks with the cunning of a fox, as fit as an ox, fairly strong and quick, but somewhat brash and off-putting (or perhaps shy and unassuming)."

"Character who" seems to be the basis for all the following statements, but that doesn't fit with some of them, e.g., "character who as fit as an ox."

A change might be: "Looking at those statistics, we have a character who is cunning like a fox, as fit as an ox, fairly strong and quick, but somewhat brash and off-putting (or perhaps shy and unassuming)."

Page 22: The Dreaming Desert: "For more detail see Chapter XI: Thhe Far West."

Thhe --> The.

Page 45: Spirit Sense: "with an Wits stunt" --> "with a Wits stunt"

Page 50: 1st paragraph under Martial Training: "for each kung fu style you posses"

posses --> possess

Page 22/Page 58: Castalan/Catalan. I'm not sure if these are supposed to be two different words, but I figured I'd point it out in case.

Page 61: 1st paragraph under Kung Fu Manuals: "Manuals and journals detailing secret martial arts about in Far West."

about --> abound.
    in Far West --> in the Far West

Plus: SnakeOilSifu

• It's actually far more convenient if you could email them rather than post here -- I'm assembling a master list.
  • Will do. Just didn't want to get busy and never get them sent or posted.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!