Progress Updates (Every Friday)
  • Whoever came up with the change in update format: Plausans! :) It's encouraging to see how much you guys have done thus far; it's clear you've not been slouching!
  • I suppose the stretch goal material is further back in the queue then? Legends of the Far West / Prosperity / T-shirts / that mess?
  • Hey! That is quite the snapshot. Thanx for sharing. Streatch goals? I can't imagine they are too far back.
  • GMSkarkaGMSkarka +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    We're concentrating on getting the Adventure Game out the door first -- but work has been done on the stretch goals, yes. We'll update progress on those once we've fulfilled the focus release.

Plus: Puppetfox

• This is great GM - If I might make a suggestion: A weekly update to this even if its just "Nothing was completed this week" would be great!
  • GMSkarkaGMSkarka +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    That's the plan. I'll start doing Friday updates.
  • BenBen +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )
    So, is um...is the character sheet done? *sprints away giggling*
  • Ooh spiffy. Can't wait to see that on DTRPG.

*should also be on the forums more*
  • Thanks again for the update! Happy to hear Rexroad will be working on the card game; he's got a cool art style that will be perfect for it.
  • rexroad33rexroad33 +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    (blushing) uhrm... I do hope you like it. Thank you.

It is a game I very much look forward to playing. The rules fall into a range of "easy to learn" and the game "hard to master". I believe it will be the next Great Plains wild fire. It will be an awsome alternative for poker night.

Got a bag of clipped silver ready for it.

Gareth has a winner with that card game. Layout and color fell into his AoK. After a rocky start and GM pointing me in the right direction, I think some clever details worked.

Far West Society should be pleased with this tasty dessert.

Plus: The1WiTheGun

• Puppetfox +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    And we do love us some desert... [cue tumble weed]
  • GMSkarkaGMSkarka +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )

Plus: rexroad33, Darq

• At our regular RPG night last Thursday one of our players asked me "what happened to that Far West game you were going on about?" I hadn't mentioned it for a few months, so obviously something I said when I was raving about it must have stuck. Just thought you might want to know that there are people out here waiting for the game so all your work isn't in vain. :-)
  • Even with Exalted 3rd Ed, SR 5th Ed, OVA Revised and Tenra, my group's still most excited for FW. I find that to be very cool!
  • man... as much as I love SR, I am not really looking forward to 5th Ed. I just spotted my 1st edition book sitting on the side table.
  • How is Tenra? Haven't gotten a copy myself, although I've been hearing complaints about file size. OVA has a new ver???
  • SimagalSimagal +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    Thank you for keeping us updated. It is helping keep me interested while waiting. I do have to start keeping notes of game ideas.

Plus: Darq

• The Silver Dollar post was a good read. Thanx for sharing.
  • Thanks for the update; getting close now! Think my portrait is one of those last 4... Saved the best for last, did ya! j/k Looking forward to all of this, thanks again for all the hard work. :)
  • Nothing for this week, eh?
  • Nurdalwave +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    I really appreciate these updates. It's great knowing progress is being made. I just wish it was done :) Really hanging out for it now. Such a shame I missed the Kickstarter, least I could have read the drafts. I've even managed to get the rest of my group on board and ready. I've got three more sales for you, Gareth!

Plus: Darq

• Great GMS! You kicked ass this week!!

Plus: Simagal

• ChaosChild +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    As far as the character sheets go, whichever design is chosen is there any chance of getting the alternative one available as a download? That way, everybody wins. :-)

Plus: Ben

• Absolutely.
  • Darq +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    Last couple of weeks have seen some fantastic progress Gareth!

Plus: Ben, Puppetfox

Plus: rexroad33

• I just realized that I forgot to give folks a heads-up: I'll be at PAX East in Boston from Thursday until Monday, toiling away for my English Overlords (and Adamant Entertainment's print partners) Cubicle 7. So:

A) If you're attending the show in Boston, drop by and say ni hao, and

B) There won't be an update this Friday.

Plus: Simagal

• ChaosChild +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    Samples are always good. :-)
  • Samples would be awesome.
  • ThePilgrim +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    If you could estimate a percentage of how much layout and art work is still required and update that weekly, that would be great. It is going to be a bit of a downer to get to 100% completed only to go back to an indefinite wait.

Plus: Ben

• Yah Allergies suk this year. Would a percent complete update on layout not work?
  • Looking forward to the previews! To tell the truth, I actually rather prefer bite-sized morsels, spread out over time, as opposed to an information overload, all at once. (Not saying I don't want the whole thing when it's done, of course, but one or more small previews each week would be awesome!)
  • 'm sorry to report that we made no real progress towards completion this week, due to a couple of factors:

First, the events this week in Boston -- I've got family there -- so the start and end of the week have been a bit tense for us. We're staying in touch, and they're fine so far.

Second, as those of you who read the forums are already aware, we had a massive influx of spam registrations that got around our blocker software. They weren't able to post to the forum, because I'd had registration set to administrator approval -- but there were several thousand of them continuing to pile up in the approval queue, which ended up causing memory and other structure errors.

Joy.

So for a depressingly large amount of time this week, I've been digging through forum code and fixing stuff -- work which continues today.

Hopefully, I'll be able to fix everything this weekend, and get back to normal by Monday.

Thank you for your continued patience.

-Gareth-Michael Skarka
    Lawrence, KS
    19th April 2013
  • All good kind sir as we are on the most part a patient bunch, hope your family have not be too traumatised by recent events.
  • Indeed.
    Patience isn't required to see that you've had far greater concerns this week than sticking to a schedule.
  • That entire thing in Boston's been unbelievable. Condolences to your family. As an EOD tech, I can tell you that IEDs are such cowardly...but sadly effective...weapons.

Anyway, get to things when you can. You know we're good.

And stay away from the flu! :)
  • Ben: DON'T EVEN USE THE "F"-WORD.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!